Monday, April 25, 2011

More Stories From the Blog Book

In this post we would like to share a couple personal stories from the blog book. These stories show us what the drop-in means to these youth individually and the variety of services and opportunities it provides for these youth.

“I’ve been coming to the drop-in for about 6-8 months and its my home away from home. I come a few times a week and it will never get boring! I luv this place to death and wouldn’t give it up, even if someone offered a billion dollars!! They helped me in my worst times, they always listen, and the staff is just so great to everybody! It’s like every time I walk in I feel welcome and know almost everyone’s name. I’ve even made a few new friends, and have many more coming.” 

“The drop-in is amazing. Suddenly your enemies at school become your friends. All the staff here are so nice and really great to talk to! Me and my friends come here once or more a week and every time I come here (without fail) I always have a great time. No one is mean and the drop-in is amazing!”

“What can I say about the drop-in? There is so much I can say. I started coming here when I was in HOST. It’s been 4 years and I gotta say the staff here are amazing, they have always been there for me and provided me with stuff that I needed. I know that one day I’m going to get old and not come here anymore! But trust me, I’ll bring my kids here! Keep doing what you’re doing and don’t change! Thanks for everything.”

Keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment