Wednesday, April 6, 2011

HOME's Blog Book

Hello HOME Blog Readers!

My name is Alex and I am a student over at Willamette University. This semester I am interning here at HOME Youth and Resource Center and have agreed to take over the task of updating the blog =) What this means is that there will now be semi weekly posts updating you on what is going on here at HOME! We have created what we call "the blog book" where throughout the week volunteers, staff and youth can write about what has been going on at HOME and what they would like to share with you. I will then post some of this information to the blog so you can stay up-to-date and informed. Please feel free to comment; what you thought, what you liked, what you would like to hear more about. 

With the blog book out last week we got some responses from the youth who wanted to share what HOME means to them:

“Well, HOME has done a lot for me the 5 years I’ve been here. AT the beginning one of the staff let me cry on her shoulder about a silly break-up. Then, during Christmas time, I got a warm jacket that I ended up really needing. They give me a safe place to come when I’m downtown and I know I don’t have to worry about drama and all that BS. The Drop-In has opened a place in my heart for me to meet new people and make new friends. I don’t know where I’d be without the Drop-In. <3”

“I had a rough day but when I got to the Drop-In I had fun. I love HOME!!!”

There were about 5 more youth who shared what HOME meant to them in the book all saying how they appreciated HOME because it was a safe and fun place for them to be with friends.

In celebration of Valentines Day there was a Valentines craft day (last Friday) and a special Valentine’s Day cake will be served with dinner tonight!

Look for more information about the happenings at HOME soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment