Monday, April 2, 2012

Volunteer Quotes


We are so fortunate to have volunteers who are willing to help out in a variety of capacities, either for specific projects, as part of an internship with a local college or simply because they have a few hours to spare and want to give back in some way. Quite literally, we could not operate without these kind and generous people.

In the past two months, about 25 volunteers have contributed more than 700 hours. They’ve helped enter data, assisted with activities and meals, helped with our blog, provided crafts, remodeled our computer room, and engaged the youth in games and conversations.

Thanks to Molly, our VISTA member (and volunteer), we’re beginning to develop a more organized volunteer program. This will help new volunteers to get more easily acquainted with our routines and provide other, ongoing opportunities for existing and new volunteers.

Here are comments from a few of these very special people:

“HOME is awesome. The kids are really great …the staff are super & have made me feel at HOME.”

“This place is amazing. No matter what happens in life everything gets better when I come here. The teens are so impressive and the staff does so well with encouraging and uplifting each of them. I’m so grateful to be afforded this experience.”

“I have enjoyed every minute I’ve been here and am inspired by all of you. Thank you!...for brightening my world.”

“Thank you for giving me this wonderful learning opportunity.  I will take with me so many new skills.  You have a wonderful staff and I will miss you all.”

1 comment: