Thursday, August 25, 2011

2010-2011 - Year in Review

We've recently completed our reporting for our most recent fiscal year, ending June 30, 2011.

We're very proud of the work we do to assist the community's at-risk and homeless youth.  Here is a summary from our year-end report:

  • Total youth served                                                  895
  • New youth seen last year                                       538
  • Youth continued from previous year                         357
  • Meals served                                                        6700
  • Youth employed as cook & janitor                         10
  • Clothing & toiletry items distributed          3420 items to 260 youth
  • Food boxes for youth & families                            124
  • Volunteers helping at HOME & hours    94 volunteers/2065 hours
  • Small grants and donations                         about $25,000

We ask the youth to evaluate our services each year.  This year, 50 teens filled out the survey anonymously.  Some of their responses were:
  • 84-86% reported that HOME helped them to "feel good about myself", "get along with others", "make and keep friends", and "learn I could do things I didn't think I could do".
  • The top 3 ways HOME helped them were as a safe, positive place to hang out, a place to have a meal, and a place where they could find "someone to talk to".
In answer to the question "How else has HOME helped you?" they responded
  • “The Staff has always been there for me when I need someone to talk to”
  • “I’ve gotten through a lot of personal problems with the staff’s help”
  • “Makes me feel wanted”
  • “they helped me get a job and that helped me get job experience”,
  • “they encouraged me to stay in school”
  • “Helped me get over depression”
  • “Kept me comforted from doing something stupid”
  • "they're nice, they gave me a trustworthy person to talk to"
  • "They're pretty awesome"
  • "I love HOME"
  • "It makes me so happy when I am here”

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment